Tuesday 22 October 2013

The promised tutorial: Marbled Gradient :)

This is just a quick post to add a tutorial that I made for a previous manicure I did. I have added it to that post but I realise that people rarely read older posts (I think?).

About a month ago I entered into a nail art competition on Bloom.com called "Peace Love and Nail Art" which had an amazzzing prize- the whole OPI San Fran collection and a pile of stamping plates and nail art supplies from Cheeky.  I thought I had won and was so excited, but later found out that it was only open to US residents (damn fine print). If you are a US resident I recommend keeping an eye out on Bloom for more competitions as they seem to have really good ones regularly. 

Anyway I was a little sad, but my spirits were lifted when they emailed me to offer the 'press' portion of the prize. I decided that I would make a tutorial for their blog :) 
The nail art that had received so many votes in the competition was the red to black gradient I did a few months ago, and also posted in my Halloween nail art ideas post. Here's a pic if you don't remember...


To do this gradient I used a different technique from the regular sponge gradient. I used a sandwich bag to marble :) I got the idea when I did a sandwich bag marble and one of he nails looked a bit like a gradient (an awesome gradient...). Here's that post.

Anyway, so here is the tutorial, Halloween themed to boot.


Thanks for visiting :)

Chanfie
xx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! :) Gonna have to try it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Ill have to keep an extra close eye on your blog then so I can see if you do :)

      Delete
  2. Nice tutorial and Halloween perfect nails (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :) It has been a while since I made one!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry you didn't get the goodies, but you still won :) Very cool tutorial, I have never tried this technique, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're pictures are beautiful as well as your nails/nail art! Started following your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Cari- your very sweet. I'm glad to have you :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)